Recently, we made brownie bites in class. These brownie bites have slighty chewy crisp edges and a fudgy center. They are rich, decadent and extra chocolatey with the addition of chocolate chips. Perfect for a sweet treat or to share at a party or event. Just make sure to spray your muffin tin really well!
Yields 24 bites
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- Optional: ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 24 mini muffin tin well with butter or nonstick spray.
- Cut butter into 8-10 pieces and place in a heat safe bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds at a time until butter is fully melted.
- Add the sugar to the butter. Whisk until fully combined before adding in the cocoa powder, vanilla, salt, and eggs. Whisk well.
- Add in the flour and chocolate chips, mixing lightly until no lumps of flour remain.
- Divide the batter evenly amongst the greased muffin tin (about a tablespoon of batter per hole), and bake for 12-15 minutes or until just set. Allow to cool about 5 minutes in the pan before removing. Enjoy warm or at room temperature. Keep leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container for 3-4 days.