To celebrate Valentine’s Day we made mini chocolate ganache pies with graham cracker crust in our Jr and Sr Chef classes! These were so much fun to make, and our kitchen smelled like chocolate-heaven. You can adorn them with fresh whipped cream, or to celebrate the holiday decorate with a little powdered sugar and candy hearts. So sweet!
Spinach Strawberry Salad
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 5 Mushrooms
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ cup slivered almonds or walnuts, toasted, optional
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp dill weed
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp of each: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and dry mustard
- Cut the spinach leaves to make bite size pieces
- Slice strawberries
- Slice mushrooms and lightly saute in 1 tsp butter
- Mix all dressing ingredients together with whisk or shake it up in a glass jar with lid.
- Just before serving, add dressing to salad based on taste. Add just enough dressing to lightly coat the fruit and vegetables. Remember, a little goes a long way.