Did you know today is National Pretzel Day?!
These Honey-Wheat Soft Pretzel with Dill Pickle Dip (don’t knock it till you try it) is a quick snack sure to please all who try them. These no rise pretzels are going to be your new signature appetizer. With summer right around the corner you will surprise everyone with your pretzel making skills accompanied with our refreshing dill pickle dip that will surely be hit for all your summer parties.
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 large egg (for egg wash)
- Large grain Kosher salt
- Dill Pickle Dip
- ½ package (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp dill pickle juice
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ? tsp pepper
- ½ cup dill pickles, diced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the yogurt and honey, and mix until a rough dough forms.
- Dust work surface with some flour, dump the dough out onto the flour, and use your hands to bring the dough together into a ball.
- Knead dough for a minute or two until the dough is smooth. If sticky, slowly work in small amounts of more flour.
- Form the dough into a log and cut into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 4 inch stick and place on the prepared baking sheet making sure to leave space between each stick.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and beat well. Use a pastry brush to coat each pretzel stick in a thin layer of the egg. A paper towel can also work if a pastry brush is unavailable. Sprinkle a big pinch of the Kosher salt over each stick.
- Bake the pretzel sticks until golden brown or about 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before enjoying with your favorite dip or as is.
- For Dill Dip: In a small bowl, whisk cream cheese, sour cream, pickle juice, garlic powder, and pepper until smooth and well combined.
- Gently fold in pickles. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 4 hours.