Easter season is upon us, and here at Kitchen House, our minds are wandering toward Easter recipes. Specifically, desserts! Sweet, fluffy, and light, carrot cake is definitely an underrated delicacy. Serve it warm from the oven and drizzle with a glaze or frosting, what a treat!
We have a new take on carrot cake. If you love carrot cake like we do you’re in for a real treat. We’ve married two wonderful recipes; carrot cake and cookies!
- ¾ c. butter, or vegetable or coconut oil
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. maple syrup, or honey
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ c. whole wheat flour or gluten free flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. shredded carrots (about 2 small whole carrots)
- 1/2 c. shredded coconut
- 1/2 c. raisins, optional
- 2 c. old-fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350º and line a baking sheet with parchment. In a bowl, whisk oil and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated, then add vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture until well-combined.
- Shred carrots or finely chop match stick carrots.
- Stir in carrots, coconut, raisins, and oats and mix until just combined.
- Scoop 1” rounds of dough onto baking sheet. Bake until golden, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Make glaze: Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until combined. Drizzle glaze over each cookie and let harden before serving.
We would love to know what you think of this recipe!