This bread recipe is so easy and so fast, you will hardly believe it. The outside is crunchy and brown, the inside is soft and warm, it’s the ultimate comfort food.
This recipe is designed to be done within hours, rather than overnight, so you can make it and enjoy it all in one day.
You will need a Dutch Oven for this recipe. If you don’t have one, do a quick google search, they’re easy to find!
- 1.5 cups water lukewarm
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the water and the yeast.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and salt well.
- Carefully dump the flour mixture into the yeast mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, mix the dough until it is well combined.
- Cover the bowl with a dry kitchen towel and set the dough aside to rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on your counter and sprinkle a good amount of flour on it.
- After your dough has risen, sprinkle a bit of flour over the dough. With your floured hands gently remove the dough from the bowl and roughly shape it into a ball. Place the dough onto your parchment paper and cover with a dry kitchen towel to rise for another 30 minutes.
- While your dough rises a second time, put your empty Dutch Oven into the oven, and preheat your oven to 450 F degrees. Make sure the lid is on your Dutch Oven.
- Take the pot out of the oven, and remove the lid. Pick up the dough by grabbing all four corners of the parchment paper, and carefully place the dough inside the pot.
- Place the lid back onto the pot, and return it to the oven. Bake for 35 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove the lid and bake for 20-25 minutes with the lid off, or until the bread is golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the pot and allow it to cool completely before slicing.