Pumpkin Juice is the perfect FALL beverage! This is a great beverage to serve at a Fall party or even at your Thanksgiving dinner! Your chefs will love whipping this juice up in the blender. We like to serve it chilled over ice, but many chefs like it warmed. Give it a try and let us know if you like it served cold or warm.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced small
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with Italian seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (omit if using seasoned diced tomatoes)
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces curly-edged lasagna noodles (broken into 2 inch lengths)
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned & drained, optional
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chiffonade OR dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large & deep non-stick pan or pot (or electric skillet) over medium high heat. Add onion and ½ tsp salt and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add noodle pieces, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, seasonings, and water. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer, stirring frequently, until noodles are tender, roughly 20 minutes. If sauce looks dry at any point, add up to ¼ cup water to loosen. If using, add in cooked ground beef in last 10 minutes of simmering.
- Remove skillet from heat, and stir in parmesan and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dot heaping tablespoons of ricotta over the noodles. Cover and skillet stand off the heat for 5 minutes to melt cheeses.