Summer is almost here, it’s the perfect time to lighten up our meals and that means- beautiful, colorful, healthy salads that look so amazing, even the kids are going to want to eat them! This salad is perfect as a side dish at a bar-b-que, or as the main dish with a toasted bread. You can add in nuts or feta cheese if that’s your style!
Of course, on top of being beautiful, this salad is FULL of vitamins and minerals that your body needs. Did you know a cup of raw spinach has just 7 calories?! It also has 30mg of calcium, .81g of iron, 167mg of potassium, and 58 micrograms of folate (and more). This leafy green is truly amazing, and this fun salad is a great way to incorporate it into your diet!
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 5 Mushrooms
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ cup slivered almonds or walnuts, toasted, optional
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp dill weed
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp of each: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and dry mustard
- Cut the spinach leaves to make bite size pieces
- Slice strawberries
- Slice mushrooms and lightly saute in 1 tsp butter
- Mix all dressing ingredients together with whisk or shake it up in a glass jar with lid.
- Just before serving, add dressing to salad based on taste. Add just enough dressing to lightly coat the fruit and vegetables. Remember, a little goes a long way.