This baked flounder recipe is done in about 20 minutes and will even impress non-fish lovers! The delicate flavor of the fish is preserved under the bread crumbs, and goes perfectly with rice pilaf and roasted vegetables. Try it! You will be amazed how much your family loves it.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, cold and cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 8 small strawberries, hulled and diced
- ¾ cup half and half
- For glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup half and half or milk
- ? tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Add butter and cut in with a pastry cutter or with hands until mixture resembles crumbs. Toss in strawberries and coat lightly with flour.
- Add half and half and fold together gently until the mixture just begins to come together in a soft dough. Do not knead or overmix dough, or you will end up with tough scones.
- Using a large spoon or ice cream scooper, dollop dough out onto prepared tray in 12 even balls.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown. Remove scones to cooling rack and cool about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the glaze by adding vanilla and 1 Tbsp of half and half at a time to powdered sugar until a drizzly consistency is reached.
- Once scones are cool, generously drizzle with glaze and enjoy!