Something we enjoy doing at the Kitchen House is traveling the world – culinary style! Mediterranean meals usually include ingredients like: fresh lemon, herbs, olive oil, cheese and yogurt. This week we prepared a Greek inspired meal: grilled chicken, lemon pilaf, salad and tzatziki sauce. There are several recipes for you to create in this blog. Try them all together, or experiment and split them up… however you like!
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp parmesan
- ½ cup grated cheese, monterey jack and/or feta
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup asparagus, chopped + 3-5 whole asparagus stalks
- ¼ cup chopped tomato, optional
- ½ cup cooked bacon, salami, or ham, chopped
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cheese, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Heat a 12-in cast iron skillet, or oven safe skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 2 tsp olive oil to the pan, and saute asparagus, and ham/salami if using the pan. Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour egg mixture & green onions, and cooked crumbled bacon (if using) into the pan and stir briefly with a rubber spatula. Add whole asparagus stalks on top and sliced tomatoes, if using.
- Place the pan into the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, until frittata is lightly browned and fluffy, and eggs are set.
- Remove from pan, optional, and cut into wedges to serve.