Get Ready For Summer with Parmesan Zucchini Fries, Make this your Summer Quick Dish!
This recipe is a great summer time side, as well as an alternative to French Fries. These Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries are a tasty and light appetizer or a quick side dish for busy summer nights. This recipe calls for dried herbs and while we used fresh herbs from our garden llke thyme and parsley, you can use all dried or a mixture of both, depending on what you have available. Mixed with parmesan cheese, these zucchini fries are full of flavor that everyone can enjoy.
- 4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- ½ cup parmesan
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on baking sheet.
- Combine parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper in small bowl. Spread out evenly on a large plate.
- Toss zucchini in olive oil to coat. Press zucchini in herb parmesan, coating evenly.
- Arrange on prepared baking dish. Bake until tender, about 15 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes until crisp and browned. Keep a close eye on them while broiling!
- Serve immediately for ultimate crispness. Great dipped into marinara or ranch.