Quinoa pizza bites are an easy way to get in some more whole grains into your diet, and a great alternative for anyone that follows a gluten-free diet. You can quickly prep these yourself or have your little chefs join you in the kitchen by chopping the pepperoni, cracking the eggs, mixing & measuring seasonings, and practice in opening the cans for the sauce.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 /2 cup non-bleached all purpose flour (or use all whole whet flour)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup oil (coconut or olive oil)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Crumble Topping:
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oil or butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Place oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together sugar, oats, butter or oil, and cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until done.