Hummus is such a versatile dish. Use it as dip on a charcutarie board, crudite platter, or to a snack with veggies for a protein boost. Add it as a spread to sandwiches or wraps, or mix it into salads as a flavor enhancer to the dressing. This recipe is flavorful and so easy. Just dump everything into a food processor, and let it do all the work. While tahini is traditional in hummus, there is an option to go tahini free as well, for those who don’t have that unique ingredient at home.
- 1- 14.5 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (or ¼ cup yogurt + ¼ cup tahini)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, from one lemon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (plus more as needed for desired consistency)
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or high powered blender.
- Blend mixture until very smooth. Stop to scrape down sides as necessary.
- If mixture seems a little thick, you can add a drizzle of olive oil to reach desired consistency.
- Serve with fresh vegetables and pita bread as a dip or use as a spread. Store extra in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.