Every time you try a new recipe with your family it’s kind of like a guessing game. Will they like it? Will they dislike it? Will they ask for seconds?? Pad Thai was a win for sure! We like to mix things up and enjoy different cultures’ food at least once a week – especially Thai food. This recipe is simple enough for everyone to make and with it’s beautiful colors and ingredients your plate will look like you’ve been cooking it for years. So, impress your family tonight… and try Pad Thai! Cheers!
- 12 oz whole wheat thin spaghetti (or any thin, long noodle you like)
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup baby spinach (remove long stems and roughly chop if desired)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, strips
- 1 cup edamame, shelled and cooked
- Garnish: cilantro
- Peanut sauce:
- 1/8 cup peanut butter (or any seed/nut butter you prefer)
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- Optional: 2 tsp sriracha
- Cook noodles and edamame according to package instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Place noodles in a bowl. Top with veggies. Pour sauce over noodles and veggies.
- Toss to coat noodles and veggies in sauce. Garnish with cilantro. Serve and enjoy!