This delicious soup is made with a variety of vegetables: tomatoes, beans, sweet corn, and a warm taco seasoning. Perfect for a cold night, and packed with flavor! This version is vegetarian, but you could always add ground beef or shredded chicken for some extra protein. This was a huge hit with our kiddos!
We opted to add corn chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro and guacamole with ours. The combinations are endless. Enjoy!
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- Garlic (measure with your heart)
- 1 (28 oz) can of crushed tomatoes (I use San Marzano)
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1 tsp Italian season
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a large pot brown together the meats, with the onion and garlic.
- Drain fat
- Stir in all your tomato goodies and your wine
- Mix in the rest of your ingredients and simmer for about an hour, hour and a half