School has started which brings busy mornings, and afternoons full of activities! These delicious mini quiches are quick and easy to make to enjoy on the same day or freeze for a quick grab and go snack!
Grab your junior chef, and get it in the kitchen! Younger chefs will enjoy beating the eggs and mixing all of the ingredients together, older chefs can test their kitchen skills by chopping veggies and cooking up the bacon or sausage.
These quiches are easy to make it your way! Some may want it with bacon and others not. Some may choose to have it with bell peppers and onions and others not.
Serve these as breakfast with a side of fruit, or in a lunchbox. Perfect as a party snack too!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground meat (leave out for vegetarian chili)
- 6 cups sweet potatoes peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground red pepper, leave out if want super mild flavor
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes canned
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth or water
- 15 oz. sweet whole kernel corn canned, drained
- 15 oz. black beans canned, drained
- Tortilla chips, optional
- Cilantro, chopped, optional
- Jalapeno, sliced and seeds removed, optional
- Cheddar Cheese, grated, optional
- Sour cream (or Greek Yogurt), optional
- Cooked rice, optional
- Dice the onion and saute in a large stock pot with about 1 tbsp oil. Cook on medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add the ground meat and break it up into a large pot and brown over medium-high heat, if using.
- Add sweet potatoes and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add canned crushed tomatoes, stock or water, and all of the seasonings. (leave beans and corn out for now)
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Add beans and corn, drained and rinsed.Taste and add more salt if it needs it. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Top with cheese & corn chips, fresh jalapeno pepper, cilantro, dollop of sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt) or serve over rice.