What do we all crave during the warm summer months? To grill out with the family and friends of course! This burger recipe is the perfect way to blend a summertime comfort food, with a healthy twist. So relax, go outdoors, grab your favorite beverage and enjoy the weather. We hope you have a safe and healthy summer!
Yields 12 to 15 regular muffins or 15 to 18 donuts
Strawberry Lemonade Donuts or Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted (or equal amount neutral oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
For the glaze:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with muffin liners and set aside.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Stir gently till just combined.
- Fold in the strawberries and lemon zest. This batter is thick, but just keep stirring gently to bring it together.
- Coat donut pans well with nonstick spray
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- For glaze, mix powdered sugar with vanilla extract and milk. Glaze should be thick.
- Once donuts are completely cooled, dip or drizzle tops of donuts with glaze.
- Portion the batter out into the muffin pan, filling each well about halfway.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes for mini muffins (15-20 minutes for regular sized muffins), or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Once muffins are completely cooled, drizzle with glaze. Store extras in an airtight container for 2 days on the counter or up to a week in the fridge.