Want a perfect addition to your Sunday brunch? These Blue Corn Pancakes will add beautiful color to your table and make everyone smile. This recipe was one we have been wanting to make for awhile! We have local restaurant here that makes Blue Corn Pancakes and so I had to get some blue corn meal for ourselves! They are good with just butter, maple syrup or, if you’re ambitious, with homemade peach or raspberry spread. It serves four people, fewer if they’re very hungry. 😉
- 4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- ½ cup parmesan
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on baking sheet.
- Combine parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper in small bowl. Spread out evenly on a large plate.
- Toss zucchini in olive oil to coat. Press zucchini in herb parmesan, coating evenly.
- Arrange on prepared baking dish. Bake until tender, about 15 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes until crisp and browned. Keep a close eye on them while broiling!
- Serve immediately for ultimate crispness. Great dipped into marinara or ranch.