Chicken & Broccoli Pot Pies… Veggies and chicken in a rich sauce, encased in a flaky crust, make these pot pies hard to pass up! Easy for your little chef to help – tear broccoli in tiny bits, cut up veggies, roll out crust or make it from scratch. You can get creative and fill them with whatever combination you like. Don’t want meat? Easy! Just add extra vegetables to the mix. Guaranteed to please any crowd.
Spring Pasta Primavera
- 1 lb short pasta (ex. penne or bowtie or orzo)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large artichokes or 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 bundle fresh asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 12 baby bella mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp basil, chiffonade
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Boil large pot of liberally salted water and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain making sure to save one cup of pasta cooking liquid.
- If using fresh artichokes, cut off leaves, scrape out choke, peel top layer or stem, and cut artichoke heart into 6-8 pieces.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, saute onion, garlic, carrot, artichoke hearts, and bottom half of asparagus stalks for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in asparagus tops and mushrooms. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Add in peas, pasta, butter, reserved cooking liquid, and ¼ cup of the parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and coat.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Top with remaining parmesan and basil.