These energy bites come together quickly with just a handful of ingredients and a food processor or high powered blender. Choose different dried fruit combos to play around with the flavor and sweetness of these. Our Junoir and Teen chef students enjoyed forming their own energy bites and choosing which coatings they wanted to roll them in. These are great on the go snack rich in protein to help fill tummies.
Yields About 24 bites
No Bake Energy Bites
- 1½ cups cashews or almonds (raw and unsalted)
- ½ cup pitted dates
- ½ cup dried cherries (or dried cranberries, apricots, raisins)
- 3 Tbsp shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 3 Tbsp rolled oats
- Optional: shredded coconut or crushed graham crackers for rolling in to coat outside
- Place the cashews in a medium bowl and cover with hot water. Let sit for at least 10 minutes and up to 30 and drain.
- Add the drained nuts to the bowl of a food processor with the rest of the ingredients. Grind into paste starting on low and working up to high. Stop to scrape down the sides as needed. End result should be smooth with the consistency of cookie dough.
- Use a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon to portion out balls. Roll into smooth balls, rolling in extra shredded coconut or graham cracker crumbs if desired. You can eat immediately or refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one month.