Rainbow Fritters are a fun, easy and colorful way to get your little chefs to eat vegetables during a meal or just a healthy snack after school! They are quick and easy for little hands to carry around, all the while filling them up with delicious, energy-boosting vitamins and fiber. Very popular with super-heros who need to be on the move, saving the world!
It’s important to squeeze as much water as you can from the veggies before adding the egg so everything sticks together.
Allow the fritters to fry for at least 3 minutes. Don’t try to flip too early, or they will fall apart.
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place liners in cupcake pan; makes about 16-18 cupcakes,
- Place the flour, salt, baking soda and powder into a large bowl, and whisk together.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add in the wet ingredients and whisk until combined. (The batter may be clumpy, do not worry!)
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Distribute the batter evenly into cupcake papers, filling each paper with about 2/3 the way up.
- Bake for about 16-18 minutes or until centers are springy to the touch.