Grilling your corn adds a sweetness you just can’t get from boiling. The natural sugars seem to burst from every kernel. This roasted corn salad could be your next favorite side dish! Eat it as a salsa, serve it as a salad, add it to your taco, or just munch on it with some tortilla chips. Either way you’ll love it!
- ½ batch homemade pie crust
- 3-4 cups fresh berries
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten with a splash of milk (for egg wash)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash berries and make sure to dry them thoroughly before continuing.
- Strawberries should be halved or quartered. Sprinkle cornstarch over berries and toss to evenly coat. Using a potato masher, give berries a light mash to get their juices flowing. They should still retain their overall shape but just be a little softened up.
- Roll dough into a 14-inch round on a piece of parchment paper. Transfer to a lined baking sheet.
- Mound berries in the center of the dough leaving a 1 inch border of dough all the way around the mound.
- Sprinkle sugar evenly over the top of the berries, retaining a tablespoon or so for the crust.
- Fold dough over berries, overlapping segments on the previous one and pinching together any overlapping areas of dough. Brush all exposed dough with egg wash and sprinkle with remaining sugar
- Bake about 35 minutes for large galette, until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling. Individual galettes will take around 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Slices into wedges and serve warm.